This is how we did it with avis
The client's goal was to accommodate the presentation of two areas on the site: car sales and car leasing. There were two options: to change the current site on the WordPress platform or to develop new ones and lay the necessary functionality initially, developing everything on a flexible platform. After a detailed analysis of both options at a meeting with the client, it was decided to create a new site. So, given: 2 directions on one site, the client is an international company and the wishes of a strict b2b site in compliance with the corporate identity.
OUR SOLUTIONS AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROCESS.
- Preparing. We held three meetings during which we determined the difference and advantages between the services of AVIS and competitors. We delved into the workflow in these areas and wrote out all the details and nuances. We also consulted with specialists from companies and read, in total, about 70 articles on the subject of the client. (2 weeks)
- Planning. Having finally put the puzzle together in our head, we drew up a technical task, a project schedule, which agreed with the client and, having received approval, set to work. As you read on, you will often come across the summary line "and agreed with the client." Why? We build our workflow in such a way that at each stage of website development, the client has the opportunity to influence the course of events and make their own adjustments, which many other web studios are deprived of. Many people prefer to take turnkey projects. In our experience, for half of the clients, coordination and participation is really not necessary, but it is much more pleasant when there is such an opportunity. In addition, for the remaining half, it is extremely important to be able to influence the process. At the same stage, we started preparing the content, in parallel with the development, in order to be sure to be in time for the planned release. (1 week)
- Design. The first step in design development was website prototyping and UX design. It was important for us to work out the entire user journey from going to the site to obtaining the necessary information and submitting an application. The prepared prototype with all the depicted elements, again, we agreed with the client. After the approval of the prototype, the second step was to complete the UI / UX design, and presented the finished layout, on which it was already possible to see in colors how the company's new website would work. (2 weeks)
- Development. Finally, the most crucial moment has come. Without going into details, two of our specialists (frontend, backend) set about developing the site, and prepared a ready-made site written in php with an individual admin panel, convenient and simple at the request of the client. Again, we reported to the client and proceeded to the next phase. (2 weeks)
- Testing. Over the next week, we tested the site and the admin panel for bugs, promptly correcting errors and filling the site with content (pictures, photos, texts in three languages). (1 week)
- At the end of the work, we held a presentation of the project and trained employees to work with the site and the admin panel. As a result - the most powerful and modern site in the niche, no problems associated with an inflexible platform, the necessary functionality and an easy-to-use platform.
We continue to cooperate with AVIS, and we are sure that we will soon be able to boast of new joint projects.