WHAT IS A "SITE TEMPLATE"?
Surely, everyone who is now reading this publication at least with the edge of an ear heard that sites can be stereotyped. But not everyone understands what exactly lies behind the phrase “template” and what the difference is. Today we will tell you everything :) A template is a ready-made website on a ready-made platform (CMS). All you need to do with it is “plug it in” and everything will work. Most often, templates are found on platforms such as Worpress (business card sites) or OpenCart (online stores). There are a lot of such platforms, but we do not want to "load" you with unnecessary information. The above platforms are the most common in the CIS.
PROS AND CONS OF A SITE TEMPLATE:
First, let's talk about the advantages of a template site:
- No need to think about the design: you are given a ready-made, in which you can make minimal adjustments.
- The site on the template will be ready in 1-2 days. All you have to do is download texts and photos.
- The cost of a template and its installation is up to $ 500. Although, of course, it all depends on the template.
This is probably the end of the pros, let's move on to the cons:
- If in the future you want to change “that” or “this” or "Both together" - it will cost you dearly. The templates have very low customization. The template is not subject to your brand book and your "want." functionality of the template.
WHAT IS THE SITE TEMPLATE FOR?
- Test a niche - especially for online sales. Why waste money when you can find a template that looks like a competitor's site and check everything.
- For cases when the development budget is small and the site is needed.
WHEN THE PATTERN DOES NOT FIT CATEGORALLY?
- If you need a reliable, quality product for the long term.
- If, in the future, you plan to add new features and functionality to your site.
- If you want a custom design and don't want anyone else to have the same site.
- If you want the site to adapt to your business processes as much as possible, and not vice versa.
- If you plan to invest in internet marketing (in our experience, custom-designed sites give much better results).
As always, it all depends on your needs :)