Is it worth promoting a site on google using links?
SEO stands for "Search Engine Optimization". In simple terms, SEO is the work carried out with the site code, its text and search engines (Google / Yandex). The purpose of these works is to increase traffic to the site and, as a result, the number of requests from potential customers. Often, the task comes down to being “in the top” of Google or Yandex. Because if the site is in the top, it gets clicked more often. For a long time, a reliable way to get to the top was link mass - the number of links from other sites that link to your site. The more links, the better. The more authoritative sites that link to your site, the higher you climb on Google's ranking algorithms. Huge budgets were allocated for links and they were purchased by the thousands. From our current and potential clients, we often hear the question: is it worth buying links? We did some research to understand how well links can work and what kind of result they give in the absence of other actions.
WHAT WAS DONE TO UNDERSTAND WHETHER THE LINKS WORK:
1. For 9 months we have purchased and placed 2,178 links to the site. Of these, 541 with an anchor (when the link is tied to a specific word).
2. We created a satellite (a special site that collects traffic for queries related to specifics and links to the main site. Such sites were very popular at one time). Another 17215 pages link to our site from this site.
3. We closely monitored the indicators.
WHAT WAS THE RESULTS RECEIVED FROM THE PURCHASE OF LINKS?
1. A slight increase in traffic (transitions to the site) from links. About 100 additional clicks to the site per month.
This is VERY little given the amount of work that has been done.
WHY DO LINKS WORK SO BAD?
In 2019, the main key to reaching the top is website optimization and content on the website.
Links may work. However, in order for the links to work, it is necessary to invest in article marketing and include links in thematic publications on really authoritative resources.
For our clients, we do not offer bulk purchase of links, as many SEO studios are used to doing. We offer qualitative changes on the site and in the content that lead to results. For almost every client, we increased organic traffic from Google (transitions from search without ads) by 2.2.5 times in half a year. If you want to see cases - just write to us :)
WHAT IS THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION?
1. If you buy links, make sure that they are placed on thematic resources in thematic articles. If not, cut your budget.
2. In 2019, it makes much more sense to invest in content without trying to fool Google, play by its rules and get a fair result.
Internal website optimization - 80% of success. Unfortunately, the result is not always visible immediately. So be patient and get to work :)
SEO CHECKLIST FOR THE SITE:
STEP ONE: AUDIT.
- Checking the site for errors in the code
- Checking the speed of loading the site
- Checking all links on the site
- Analysis of the site structure
- Analysis and revision of the semantic core
- Analysis of texts on the site
- Analysis of meta tags
- Analysis of search results search engines
- Competitor analysis
- Analysis of search traffic to the site
- Analysis of user behavior and site usability
- Formation of a site optimization plan in specific actions.
- Optimizing site page loading speed
- Optimizing site structure and pages
- Finding and fixing errors on the site
- Fixing errors in links
- Optimizing Meta tags and Alt attributes
- Adding necessary functionality based analysis results and identified non-optimalities
- Website usability improvement
- Site-map adjustment
- Title optimization
- Text optimization
- Image optimization
- Writing additional texts for the site
- Writing feature articles
Only after everything described above is done, you can proceed to such additional actions as:
- Buying eternal links in articles on thematic sites
- Emulating search queries
- Strengthening social and behavioral factors on the site
Want to know the truth about SEO your site?
Leave a request on our website or write to e-mail:
[email protected] .